‘How do you store your books?‘ was a question in the daily5 chat last Saturday. Early years teachers organise, store and use books in their classrooms in ways that suit them and their students.
Using shelves, baskets and labelled bins to organise and store books makes it easy to find a book and return it where it belongs. The books are sorted and organised in a variety of ways:
- authors: Dr Suess, Mercer Mayer, Mem Fox, Pamela Allen, Paul Jennings
- series: Grug, Clifford, Spot, Rascal, Zac Power
- topics of interest: frogs, snakes, spiders, space, pets, Pokemon
- alphabet books: varied
- copies of big books: multiple small copies of current big books
- class books we have made: Our C Book, Our Book of Rhymes, 100 day party, Magnificent Me
- books we have read: a variety of books that we read as read alouds
- levelled books: colour coded in levels
- number books: varied
How do you organise and store your books in the classroom?